Monday, June 20, 2011

Trusting God

It has been forever since I've posted.  I'm working with three year olds for the summer at the school my mom works at, so I've been beyond busy this summer.  It is nice to have a break in the middle of the day....nap time.  Steven is working here as the Gross Motor (PE) teacher for the summer.

Today, I come asking for prayer. Last night, I found myself literally crying (could not stop the tears from falling) out to God to provide Steven with a job.  Though we've just started summer break, school will be here before we know it.  Because he graduated with his Education degree the year that pretty much no one is hiring, we know that it may be a long shot. 

Today, however, he is meeting with the Athletic Director here at Trinity.  They are in need of several coaches so it is a possibility.

Steven has been stressed about not having a job lined out.  When he is stressed, he constantly has stomach aches/pains (due to a hyeital hernia). He still hasn't heard from Barksdale AFB about the security job.  He heard from San Antonio that he was qualified for the job and his resume and application had been sent on.

I have always been taught to pray specifically and that is exactly what I did last night.  I prayed that God would open a door this week for a job.  I prayed that Steven would hear from Barksdale this week (whether they want him to work there or not).  I prayed that he would be able to meet with the Athletic Director at Trinity.  

God is already answering prayers...as I knew He would. Please pray that God will open the door to the job He has for Steven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment