Thursday, May 31, 2012

End of the Year

This afternoon, my coworkers and I will go out to dinner for the last time as a team.  Earlier this week, we learned that two of our third grade teachers will be moving to different grade levels.  This has been very hard on all of us because we are such a close team and work well together.  The two teachers that are moving grade levels were my two team teachers.  I know one of the teachers that will be moving up to join our team and am ready to work with her.  We also have a new teacher joining us from another school district.  I'm excited about working with new people and getting to know them but it is also sad to see our friends go.  Because we are in the hallway with only the deaf ed department, we are all very close (including the deaf ed teachers/interpreters).  God is in control and I'm so excited to see what He has in store for next year.

Please be in prayer for Steven this weekend.  Tomorrow around 11:00, he will be taking his teacher certification test again.  He feels that this is the time that God is going to get him over that mountain.  I know how hard the test is so I'll be lifting him up constantly.  On Saturday, he will be taking his GRE.  He is taking this as a Grad School prep.  He has already been accepted into the Masters program at ETBU if he does not get a teaching job.  We are hoping and praying that he gets a teaching job, but God could have different plans.

Tomorrow is the last day of school here at Longview and on Monday Steven and I will start working at Trinity again for my mom.  It will be a fun summer again.  We will be teaching the 1st-5th grade students.  We will start Monday out with a field trip to Wet Pets and Critters and go do the zoo later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment