Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

This morning when Steven woke up, he said "this time 5 years ago, I was in Afghanistan."  I remember how hard that time was because we were so far apart and I was constantly praying for his safety.  It wasn't until he got back to the states that he told me how he prayed daily that there would be no bombs go off while we were on the phone.  He said Memorial Day was the worst day while they were there.  That is just the story of one solider.  Today we celebrate Memorial Day.  I'm so thankful for all those who serve our country.  I am thankful for those soldiers and families who sacrificed so we can live in freedom in the United States.  As you celebrate with family and friends today, remember those who we are celebrating.

1 comment:

  1. So True! And thankful that he's safe and home! The Power of Prayer...what a mighty tool in a fallen world!! Watched that dateline special last night about those soldiers in afghan. Literally broke my heart! There is nothing comparable to the sacrifice they ensue for OUR freedoms!! God Bless every one of them!!!

    ReplyDelete