Friday, May 20, 2011

When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

In 2000, I was given the opportunity to go to Passion 2000 in Memphis, TN.  I was excited because I knew we we hear from Louie Giglio, Voddie Baucham, Beth Moore, Chris Tomlin, and many more.   

When I left, I was excited for my frist road trip with my college friends.  I had no clue what was in store and how God would change my life when I got there.  We arrived late Friday evening and were greeted by Beth Moore.  She prayed over our car and for each of us in the car for God to speak to us.  Of course, our first thought was that was cool that Beth Moore had just prayed for us. 

As the weekend went on, I grew closer to God.  The most vivid memory and one that changed my life was during the song "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross."  As the song began, someone came from the back carrying a wodden cross.  The cross was carried over our heads all the  way to the stage as people reached out to touch it.  When the cross was at the standing at the foot of the stage, I watched as people fell face down and cried out to God.  It was a clear reminder of what the cross truly means. 

I want to live my life daily focused on the cross.  It is because of the cross that we live in freedom.  It is because of the cross that we are forgiven.  It is because of the cross that we have eternal life.  



    

1 comment:

  1. Such fun memories!! Glad to be able to catch up with you in the blogging world!!

    ReplyDelete